We are looking for an enthusiastic, friendly, and people oriented candidate for dental assistant position.
Assists in the performance of dental and radiography procedures; prepares and maintains dental equipment and supplies in accordance with established protocol, procedures, policies, and standards, and assists in the coordination of day-to-day patient administration, records management, and office support activities.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provides chairside assistance to dentists and/or dental hygienists in the performance of dental procedures, to include operative, preventive, periodontal, endodontic, prosthetic, and/or oral surgical procedures.
- Prepares, sterilizes, organizes, and sets up dental equipment, ensures that all dental instruments are cleaned, dated, and processed according to established clinic guidelines and standards.
- Monitors and maintains dental equipment, such as compressors, evacuator systems, radiographic developing equipment, sterilizers, and light curing units, in accordance with manufacturers' guidelines.
- Develops and processes dental radiographs in accordance with provider orders; assists in the monitoring and maintenance of radiation safety procedures and protocols.
- Follows and maintains all relevant federal, state, and institutional regulations, guidelines, policies, and standards for the provision of dental clinical services.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.